Plaster and Replaster
There’s more to a great pool finish than meets the eye. A great pool finish is durable, comfortable, easily maintained, and pleasing to the eye. Diamond Brite from SGM is all that and more. Diamond Brite combines natural quartz aggregates. polymer-modified cement and non-fading Diamond quartz in a stunning variety of colors. The result is a unique finish that stands up to the harshest pool environments while providing years of enjoyment.
The lasting beauty and durability of a diamond. Unlike traditional marble-based pool plasters, Diamond Brite is made with natural quartz, one of nature’s hardest and purest minerals. Marble aggregates are easily dissolved by pool chemicals causing unsightly etching and rapid deterioration. Diamond Brite’s insoluble quartz aggregate is unaffected by the harshest pool chemicals and resists permanent staining. Also, the Diamond Quartz accent colors won’t rust, rub off or fade like other colored aggregates because our coating technology produces a tough, permanently bonded colored aggregate. Finally, state-of-the-art polymer modification of Diamond Brite’s cement increases hardness, improves bonding and reduces water penetration. All this adds up to a beautiful yet durable pool finish.
Comfort, safety, security.
You’ll have an added sense of security knowing that your pool is comfortable and slip resistant. Because SGM selects quartz aggregates that are smaller than pebble surfaces, the surface is comfortable to bather’s feet. And in this age of safety consciousness, Diamond Brite is the ideal surface where wet, slippery conditions are a concern.
Relax and enjoy.
In developing Diamond Brite, SGM made ease of maintenance a top priority. The impervious quartz used in Diamond Brite resists stains and etching caused by harsh pool chemicals. And, unlike existing pool plasters, Diamond Brite pools can be drained and cleaned without being damaged. Additionally, the accent colors in Diamond Brite give the surface a variegated appearance, masking the slight imperfections that are readily apparent in traditional finishes.
Diamond Brite offers a selection of tranquil colors that are factory blended to perfection. And if you’re so inclined, we can even custom blend our premium finish to express a unique pool scape. Diamond Brite can help you achieve an environment of tranquility and beauty, sensible practicality and superior longevity.
Diamond Brite quartz aggregate has millions of brilliantly colored quartz granules equaling more durability and lasting color. Diamond Brite invokes the richest quartz color showing all the way through to the bottom of the pool, spa, or fountain. Diamond Brite’s colored quartz appearance is enhanced with time.
10 Year Residential Warranty
You can rest assured that the highest quality products have been used and is supported by the best warranty program in the industry. It’s a sign of our commitment to achieve the highest quality standards in all our swimming pool and spa finishes.
Pro Pools 12 Step replaster procedures
- Drain Pool: Either a sump pump or a gas pump will be used to drain the water out of your pool. This water must be dumped in an area within 100 feet of the pool. The prep crew will select a convenient area unless you request otherwise.
- Pressure Release: This is the process used to remove water pressure from under the pool. If this is not done sever damage will be done to the pool. Te process involves removing the plug inside the main drain pot. An electric pump will be placed either in this opening or a pipe left by the pool builder. Water will then be removed from under the pool thus relieving the pressure.
- Undercut tile, plumbing, fitting, lights, etc.: Exclusive double cut process. Our well-trained prep crew will make one cut directly under the tile and a second cut about 2” below the first. Similar cuts will be made around lights and fittings. The cuts will be about ½” deep. Material between the two cuts will be removed with special chipping hammers. Hydraulic cement is then used to coat the skimmer area, outlet area and light niche area to prevent future leaks that might occur. This process is on one of theMOST IMPORTANT procedures, ensuring a proper installation of the fish you chose. Many companies do not do the double cut process and the final job quality will be compromised.
- Remove loose and rotted surface: The prep crew will also sound out the existing pool wall and floor surface. This process will detect any areas that may be loose and soft. As with painting, all bad existing surfaces must be removed. Typically pools will have no more than 10% of their entire surface removed. We will do our best to determine the extent of this removal. On rare occasions some areas are not seen until the pool is empty. In these rare occasions a small additional charge will be required to cover the cost to remove and fill in with extra material. On some pools, sandblasting may be required.
- Replace Fitting: We will replace the return fitting in your pool. In very rare instances, occurring with older pools the return fittings needed for a proper fit are no longer made. We will try to reuse the old fitting if possible.
- Acid wash and neutralize: The process of acid washing will remove any contaminants that will interfere with the bonding of the Bond Coat. Acid also etches the surface creating a rough surface that will facilitate a stronger bond.
- Apply Bond Coat: The Bond Coat material is an acrylic modified cement and sand mixture. The two-part material, one part resin and one part bonding cement is mixed together and the rolled onto the pool wall and floor. The Bond Coat will cover the entire pool and will ensure the bond of the newDIAMOND BRITE finish. NO RESURFACE JOB SHOULD BE DONE WITHOUT THIS VERY IMPORTANT PROCESS. Also please not that the SGM Bond Coat is the only bond coat capable of giving the best results. Any other bonding agent, by any other name the original SGM is inferior and should NOT BE USED!
- Apply Diamond Brite: We confidently install Diamond Brite Exposed Aggregate. Diamond Brite comes with a complete 10 manufacturers warranty. Pro Pools ONLY APPLIES SGM DIAMOND BRITE AND HONORS THE 10 YEAR WARRANTY ALONG WITH A 10 YEAR WARRANTY ON LABOR
- Finish is put on with two coats: The pool finish is installed to an average thickness of 3/8” To achieve this thickness two coats are used. The first coat is called the “scratch.” This first coat is the base for the second coat to stick to. The second coat is the fish coat and is needed to achieve the proper thickness. The coats are put on quickly as there should be minimum drying time between coats.
- Exposure of Diamond Brite: Wash walls using a water and acid combination to remove surface haze and expose quartz crystals.
- Treat Water Prior to Fill Up: Water is chemically treated prior to fill up with a commercial grade sequestering agent to remove all impurities from the water, preventing stains and metal deposits to form. If the supply water used to fill the pool is from a well, a carbon tank will be used. Well water needs more treatment and a carbon tank must be used.
- Balance Chemicals: Once the pool is full we will send a trained water technician to balance the chemicals in your pool. We will add chemicals to balance water, stabilizer, chlorine and acid will be added. The pool pump will be restarted.
Pool, Spa and Fountain Finishes